Wednesday 25 February 2009

The art of giving things up.

So, Lent starts today. This is the time when people give something up for forty days. Now, N and I aren't religious, but it's always good to indulge in the holiday spirit (and pancakes), so last night we made pancakes and decided what we might give up for Lent.

I've decided I'm going to give up my attempts to be healthy* and just accept that I like baking, and the results taste good.

N has decided to give up giving things up.

Sniff has decided to give up any attempts to keep his eyes open for more than an hour at a time and has dutifully curled up on the sofa for a nap. He's a trouper that cat, he really is.

So far we're all doing pretty well.


While we might be a household that (sort of) believes in moderation,
in fact as N says, ""everything in moderation, including moderation." we're just not that good at will power. Oops.



* I'd like to point out that I actually think we do eat pretty healthily, loads of fruit and veg and fibre. But I do like a bit of cake and in moderation I think that things that make you happy are good.

1 comment:

The domestic novice said...

I thoroughly agree. I've decided to try and curb my far too liberal use of expletives and the jury is out on what the hubby is going to give up.

Thanks for popping over to my blog - I've added you to my links. Sniff the cat is really adorable! Cat x